PSALM 86:1-10, 16-17
METER: CM (86 86)
SUGGESTED TUNES: ST. ANNE or ARLINGTON
This is the meter of such hymns as "O God, Our Help in Ages Past" and "Am I a Soldier of the Cross."
1. In-cline your ear, Lord, an-swer me,
For I am poor and low.
Pre-serve me for my loy-al-ty;
Your serv-ant trusts in you.
2. You are my God; have mer-cy, Lord,
I pray to you all day.
O make your serv-ant's soul be glad,
I lift my soul to you.
3. Lord, you are good and par-don-ing.
Your stead-fast love a-bounds
To all who call on you; O Lord,
Please listen to my pray'r.
4. When I'm in trou-ble, I call you,
For you will an-swer me.
There is no god like you, O Lord,
No one can match your deeds.
5. All na-tions you have made shall come
And bow to praise you, Lord;
For you are great and won-ders do;
Yes, you a-lone are God.
6. Turn to me, mer-cy have on me,
And give your serv-ant strength.
Save me, for I'm your faith-ful child,
Child of your serv-ing girl.
7. Show me a sign of fa-vor, that
My ad-ver-sar-ies see
And be a-shamed, for you, O Lord,
Have helped and strength-ened me.
Reprinted by permission of the publisher from Supplementary Volume to Sing the Psalms by Dale A. Schoening. Copyright 1992 Dale A. Schoening.