METER: 10 10 11 11
SUGGESTED TUNE: LYONS or HANOVER
This is the same meter as the hymn "O Worship the King."
1. A-scribe to the Lord, O be-ings of heav'n,
A-scribe to the Lord all glo-ry and strength.
A-scribe to the Lord his most glo-ri-ous name,
And wor-ship the Lord God in holy ar-ray.
2. The voice of the Lord is heard in the seas,
On wat-ers God's glo-ry thun-ders in might.
The voice of the Lord is so migh-ty with pow'r;
Ma-jes-tic in-deed is the voice of the Lord.
3. The voice of the Lord the ce-dars does break,
The ce-dars of Leb-a-non he breaks down.
He makes Leb-a-non for to skip like a calf,
Like a young wild ox he makes Mount Her-mon leap.
4. The voice of the Lord shoots forth flames of fire.
The wil-der-ness shakes, the wastes of Ka-desh.
His voice makes the oaks whirl, and strips for-ests bare;
And all in his Tem-ple cry, "Glo-ry to God!"
5. The Lord sits en-throned high o-ver the flood;
The Lord sits en-throned for-ev-er as king.
May God in his mer-cy his peo-ple give strength.
May God ev-er bless all his peo-ple with peace.
Reprinted by permission of the publisher from Sing the Psalms! by Dale A. Schoening. Copyright 1988 Dale A. Schoening.