PSALM 27:1, 4-9
METER: CM (86 86)
SUGGESTED TUNES: AMAZING GRACE or AZMON
This is the meter for such hymns as "Amazing Grace" and "O for a Thousand Tongues to Sing".
1. The Lord's my light and sav-ing one,
Shall I fear an-y-one?
The Lord's the strong-hold of my life,
Who shall make me a-fraid?
2. One thing I asked God, that I seek:
To live with him al-ways,
To see the beau-ty of the Lord,
And ask him to guide me.
3. In trou-bled times he shel-ters me,
He hides me in his tent;
He sets me high upon a rock,
Ex-alt-ed o'er my foes.
4. To him I'll sac-ri-fice with joy,
I'll sing and praise the Lord.
O hear me when I cry a-loud,
Be gra-cious, an-swer me!
5. My heart says, "Come and seek his face."
Your face, Lord, I do seek.
O do not hide your face from me,
Don't turn a-way in wrath.
6. O Lord, you've al-ways been my help,
Please do not cast me off.
O God, you are my sav-ing one,
Please don't a-ban-don me!
Reprinted by permission of the publisher from Supplementary Volume to Sing the Psalms by Dale A. Schoening. Copyright 1992 Dale A. Schoening.