SUGGESTED TUNES: AZMON or ARLINGTON
This is the meter for such hymns as "O for a Thousand Tongues to Sing", "Am I a Soldier of the Cross", and "Amazing Grace."
1. Praise God! Those who fear him are glad,
Who joy in his com-mands.
Their child-ren shall rule in the land,
In just-ice they'll be blessed.
2. They will en-joy rich-es and wealth,
They'll pros-per all their lives.
Light shines in dark-ness for the good--
Just, mer-ci-ful, and kind.
3. Hap-py are those who free-ly lend,
Who deal with hon-es-ty.
Those who do good shall not be moved,
But shall re-mem-bered be.
4. They do not fear bad news, be-cause
Their strong trust is in God.
They are not wor-ried or a-fraid,
For en-e-mies shall fall.
5. They're just and gen-erous to the poor;
Their hon-or shall be great.
The wick-ed see this and they rage;
Their hopes shall come to naught.
Reprinted by permission of the publisher from Supplementary Volume to Sing the Psalms by Dale A. Schoening. Copryight 1992 Dale A. Schoening.